GDPR & Privacy
The purpose of this website – Double U Double U Double U – is to provide information about the company and the services we offer.
Double U Double U Double U – GDPR Statement
The following definitions apply to statements 1-9 and the sub sections within
We – Double U Double U Double U
Our – Double U Double U Double U
Us – Double U Double U Double U
GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
Responsible person – Proprietor of Double U Double U Double U
Register of systems – register of all systems or contexts in which personal data is processed by us.
- General Data protection principles
We are committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the GDPR.
Article 5 of the GDPR requires that personal data shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
- General provisions
- This policy applies to all personal data processed by us.
- The Responsible Person shall take responsibility for our ongoing compliance with this policy.
- This policy shall be reviewed at least annually or in a timely fashion to comply with GDPR.
- Lawful, fair and transparent processing.
- To ensure its processing of data is lawful, fair and transparent, we shall maintain a Register of Systems.
- The Register of Systems shall be reviewed at least annually.
- Individuals have the right to access their personal data and any such requests made to us shall be dealt with in a timely manner. There will be a small admin charge of £15 for any information requests.
- Lawful purposes
- All data processed by us must be done on one of the following lawful bases: consent, contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public task or legitimate interests
- We shall note the appropriate lawful basis in the Register of Systems.
- Where consent is relied upon as a lawful basis for processing data, evidence of opt-in consent shall be kept with the personal data.
- Where communications are sent to individuals based on their consent, the option for the individual to revoke their consent should be clearly available and systems should be in place to ensure such revocation is reflected accurately in the business’s systems.
- Data minimisation
- We shall ensure that personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- We shall take reasonable steps to ensure personal data is accurate.
- Where necessary for the lawful basis on which date is processed, steps shall be put in place to ensure that personal data is kept up to date.
- Archiving / removal
- To ensure that personal data is kept for no longer than necessary, We shall put in place an archiving policy for each area in which personal data is processed and review this process annually.
- The archiving policy shall consider what data should/must be retained, for how long and why.
- We shall ensure that personal data is stored securely using modern software that is kept up to date.
- Access to personal data shall be limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security should be in place to avoid unauthorised sharing of information.
- When personal data is deleted this should be done safely such that the data is irrecoverable.
- Appropriate back-up and disaster recovery solutions shall be in place.
- Data Breach
In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of or access to, personal data, we shall promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach to the ICO.
Original privacy terms
The following terms are the basis of the original privacy settings for this website and as such are still in force unless superseded by GDPR above.
Double U Double U Double U takes the privacy of visitors to this site very seriously indeed, and any information which you provide us and which can be used to identify you is stored in accordance with current UK Data Protection legislation.
Please be aware that while the administrators of this website take every precaution available to them, the Internet cannot be considered a fully secure medium at the present point in time.
Information we collect from our visitors
* E-Mail addresses that you use to contact us
* Any information you volunteer to give us
* Information on what pages are accessed on this website
Double U Double U Double U is committed to your privacy
Your privacy is important to us, and any information you submit helps us to respond to your enquiry, and provide services that meet your needs. Should you have any questions, comments or concerns then please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be delighted to provide you with an answer.
We will never pass on your details to any third party without your express consent to do so, with the exception of any third party suppliers whom we may commission to process data on our behalf, including those developing or hosting this website.